*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3657221
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #2130938
Looking for a guiding light. May 2024 round is open, looking for short stories.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 6, 2024 at 11:52pm
Edited: June 7, 2024 at 8:20am
*Boat2*Results
We were four short of having enough entries to have true results, but I do like to read all entries to make sure all the rules were followed before I give out the promised 10K awardicon. Y'all earned those! What a wonderful thing to have finally been able to read five egg stories! And none of them even close to the kind of drivel I couldn't ever quite write for "The LGBT Writing Contest, as I mentioned in this round's opening post, here: "*Captainwheel*May 2024 Round is Open!"  

Thank you so much for putting your time and creativity toward this!

I mentioned in a Newsfeed post that one of the "Deck Crew" prompts got changed at the eleventh hour, and that was why the round was a little bit late opening. I have successfully blocked what that prompt was, but I do know that the one that replaced it is now the first one on the list—and what turned out to be the most popular one. Unless I read everyone's entries wrong. *Laugh*

I can even see how all five might've used that prompt, which just means it might've been a little too open a prompt. I'll file that away for the future. And I wish I'd left off the bit about the person in the third prompt being a paranormal expert--been wishing that since about two days after opening. *Laugh*

The person who most clearly used the second prompt used it in a completely different way than I would have thought, and I loved that.

And the eggs. Ah, the eggs. I was so glad to get an array of eggs, from the kind that might hatch into a youngling (whether food or very much not food) to something that might hatch an entire new world in a cosmic and magical way to something that might hatch into an entire new world in a scientific way. Loved the creativity in using the eggs!

I'm off to send the promised 10K ribbons with glee. Thank you all so much for the lovely stories!

Chy

A tag image for items affiliated with MechGrammical.  Also a signature.  Links to forum.

The WYRM group banner.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
*Boat2*Results · 06-06-24 11:52pm
by Satuawany

<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Satuawany.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3657221