*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3600042
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #1901996
Regular writing sprints during NaNoWriMo designed to boost your word counts.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 10, 2023 at 1:49pm
Goal Revision
I'm honest.

My goal for the sprinting marathon was winning another award ā€“ last year I was 3rd.

But THIS year, šŸŒø pwheeler love, joy, peace , LdyPhoenix & Showering Dutchessbarbie. probably will make it.

I'll slow down a bit ā€“ I feel a little burned out honestly.*Shock* I banged out between 3 & 4k words per day till now. That was too much. *Pthb* I rather "slow down to my "natural" speed (half as much).

To keep up with the first three I caught myself writing at every possible minute, neglecting chores, hygiene, food, paying bills, etc. Also I caught myself becoming angry with my friends and family ā€“ who I haven't seen/phoned with in 8 WEEKS!*Shock2* ā€“ when they dared to call, or ā€“ God forbid! ā€“ wanted to make meeting arrangements. All I saw was missed sprints and missed points on the way to the "trophy".*Shock2*

That's WRONG ā€“ toward my beloved, and also toward my story.

It is very emotional, on the negative side, and I need to slow down to live through these emotions, just like my MCs need to.

So my goal for this sprint year is:

ā€“ becoming FOURTH. Yeah, why should that be worth achieving you ambitious Americans ask?

Well, as my FMC Laura says, All good things come in FOURTHS. She has three ex-frogs until Vince turned out to be the "prince".*Idea*

So I'll aim for my "all good things" rank, and sprint in my own speed from now.

ā€“ finishing the story for once, too.

Happy sprinting, everybody.*Heart*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Goal Revision · 11-10-23 1:49pm
by Olivia's on the road
Re: Goal Revision · 11-10-23 1:52pm
by ā­Princetteā™„PengthuluWrites
Re: Re: Goal Revision · 11-10-23 2:45pm
by Olivia's on the road
Re: Re: Re: Goal Revision · 11-10-23 3:28pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Re: Re: Re: Goal Revision · 11-10-23 3:59pm
by Olivia's on the road
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Goal Revision · 11-10-23 4:04pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Goal Revision · 11-10-23 4:12pm
by Olivia's on the road

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3600042