*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3583131
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2256964
Grand prize of 1 million GPs! Tickets purchased by posting reviews instead of GPs!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 3, 2023 at 11:35pm
Re: Re: review 2T
dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG, please somehow note that you are making suggestions/corrections because AmyJo-"ber" months are here! and I counted different amounts. *Yikes* She seems to not have seen any suggestion or correction, which would mean it's not worth any tickets. (She's new and still learning. *Angelic*) I counted 2 suggestions for improvement--the part about old things and the part about love.

If you put suggestions in bold or colored or highlighted or even put...

SUGGESTION: Blah, blah...

That will make it more clear so there won't be miscounting. *Wink*

Also, this totally could have been a 2 ticket review! Please go check the dropnote on Ideas for Review Suggestions/Corrections to be sure you don't miss out on tickets. *Frown* She only listed Family as a genre. She should try to list 3 things. I know with shorter poems, it can be harder, but this could easily be a Tribute poem. I'd also say Emotional fits, personally. I think Inspirational fits and because she mentions her mom being an angel, maybe Spiritual. I like to give options so they see what's possible. I also like to explain why they need to do 3 genres--there are 3 main reasons. *Bigsmile*

The 3 main reasons are genres are the #1 way people search for something to read. Mods are required to include items from around the site and they very often search the genres for stuff to include. And if your item is nominated for "The Quills, no matter HOW obvious it is that something is from a certain genre, if it's not listed, it doesn't get judged in that genre category. So, if this was to be nominated for Best Short Poem--Structured, it would only be judged in that and the Family category (which they don't always have). If she had all 3 filled out, she'd get twice as many opportunities to win a Quill Award. *Wink*

When you are trying to help people see what genres they can use, you can open the Browse by Genre tab without losing your review. Practice it right now on this post so you know how it works. So long as you don't accidentally click something, you can open the list of genres and scroll through to find what you need and be perfectly fine. *Bigsmile*

Anyway, nice review. Keep up the great work! I've added a ticket. But be sure you check that dropnote with ideas on what to include in a review so you don't miss out on tickets again. *Wink*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

MESSAGE THREAD
review 2T · 09-03-23 2:00pm
by dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG
Re: review 2T · 09-03-23 10:31pm
by AmyJo-"ber" months are here!
*Star* Re: Re: review 2T · 09-03-23 11:35pm
by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels
Re: Re: Re: review 2T · 09-04-23 3:31pm
by dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG
Re: Re: Re: Re: review 2T · 09-04-23 3:39pm
by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3583131