*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3582975
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2256964
Grand prize of 1 million GPs! Tickets purchased by posting reviews instead of GPs!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 3, 2023 at 4:30pm
Re: Re: 1 review 1 ticket
jaya, Sticky Draconic Vampire saysHH is too busy to read all the reviews and check the item and such (and probably too busy to bother with all the notes I'm posting and tagging her in *Laugh* *Blush*) but I noticed you missed an easy suggestion. The writer chose 3 genres, but 1 was Contest Entry. That's not a "real" genre and is discouraged on here. People generally don't search Contest Entry when looking for something to read. *Think*

If you had suggested they change that, you would have been only 1 suggestion away from 2 tickets. You MIGHT have been able to find another suggestion knowing you were that close. *Bigsmile*

When you are suggesting they not use certain genres such as Contest (unless it really is a contest here), Activity (unless it's an actual activity), Contest Entry, or Other, you can give them suggestions of what they could use instead. They'll likely appreciate this. *Wink* I like to try to provide at least 1 extra suggestion so they have options. If they need 1 more genre, I try to get at least 2 suggestions. But they still only count as 1 thing for this activity because you're suggesting they change their genre. *Laugh*

Why should people care about the genre? It's the #1 way that people search for something to read here. If you only have 2 filled out "right," you could be losing 1/3 of your readers. *Yikes* Plus, Mods are required to include items in each Newsletter. When they do, they often search by genre. *Bigsmile* And if the item is new and ablet to be nominated for "The Quills, it automatically is put into the genres listed. If it's not listed, no matter HOW obvious it is that it fits it doesn't get put in that category. So, if you filled out 1 genre, you would literally be cutting your odds of winning a Quill Award by half. You would only get that 1 genre category and the category you were nominated for (Best Flash Fiction, whatever). If you fill out all 3 genres, you could get put into 3 genre categories and the thing you were originally nominated for for a total of 4 chances. *Bigsmile*

I hope this helps! Check out the dropnote in the forum that says Ideas for Review Suggestions/Corrections for more relatively easy suggestions. *Bigsmile*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

MESSAGE THREAD
1 review 1 ticket · 09-03-23 2:36am
by jaya
Re: 1 review 1 ticket · 09-03-23 12:07pm
by Sticky Draconic Vampire saysHH
*Star* Re: Re: 1 review 1 ticket · 09-03-23 4:30pm
by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels
Re: Re: Re: 1 review 1 ticket · 09-03-23 11:12pm
by jaya
Re: Re: Re: Re: 1 review 1 ticket · 09-03-23 11:15pm
by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3582975