*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3582936
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2256964
Grand prize of 1 million GPs! Tickets purchased by posting reviews instead of GPs!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 3, 2023 at 3:44pm
Re: Re: Here's another link again lol.
It occurred to me that he MIGHT see my comments to you if he hasn't looked at the post yet, gets around to it later, then while looking at it, he scrolls down to see what else is in the thread. But if he's already read your comment, he won't see this, like 99% sure. *Wink*

Anyway, I think you have more faith in folks than I do. I've already explained the {b} and {/b} to him in a previous message a few minutes ago, so he'll hopefully understand. But, especially for newbies (though he's returning, but he was a newbie when he left last time, too, so even all together, he's still a newbie *Wink*) and other people who aren't as active or haven't been around long, they may not understand a lot of what's obvious to us. WdC code can be hard to get used to. *Wink*

I'm sure you've noticed that I tend to break things down a lot. lol But for someone like Beholden or Intuey who are active and know how to use code, you can do what you did or even just tell them to bold it. But I'm not sure he would understand what you mean if I didn't explain about highlighting the part you want bold and that the b and /b tags are for bold.

Consider how much the person may (or may not) already know. *Wink* You can mouse over their handle to see when they joined to take a guess at how much they may know, especially if it's someone you haven't seen around much. I literally taught a yellow case who had been here 16 years how to tag item and bitem links! *Shock2* *Headbang* Yeah, this is why I say I will break things down. If I think they might know, I'll give brief instructions, then tell them to ask if they don't understand. A lot of folks here are pretty sensitive and get their feelings hurt easily or are scared to ask questions, so I hope that encourages them to do so. *Think*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

MESSAGE THREAD
Here's another link again lol. · 09-02-23 10:31am
by DragonPrince
Re: Here's another link again lol. · 09-02-23 9:07pm
by Sticky Draconic Vampire saysHH
*Star* Re: Re: Here's another link again lol. · 09-03-23 3:44pm
by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3582936