*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3582172
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2256964
Grand prize of 1 million GPs! Tickets purchased by posting reviews instead of GPs!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 2, 2023 at 12:01am
Re: 1 Review/1 Ticket
Review of "Awakening"

SO CLOSE! Your code is wrong for several reasons.

1. You used the square brackets, not the curly braces above them. Pesky Shift key can be, well shifty, huh? *Laugh*

2. You didn't put a colon after the word "review."

3. You added a space. No code on WdC (that I know of) has a space between the curly braces.

4. You added the #.

Here's what it should look like. I'll enlarge it so you can see it clearly.

{review:4709570}

That gives you Review of "Awakening" . *Bigsmile*

You still earned your ticket, though. Well done! And if this is the first time you're doing code here, it will help you with all WdC code because now you know no spaces, use curly braces, and remember the colon. *Smile*

You got 1 ticket for the million GP pot. There's also a 500k drawing and a 100k from that same group.

You got 1 review posted for the Top Reviewer spot. The current top reviewer has 5 reviews, I think. Whoever has the most at the end automatically gets 100k. But no hoarding reviews is allowed. *Wink*

You also got listed in the Reviewer's Drawing for 100k. Here, no matter how many or few reviews you do, you get 1 ticket. This gives everyone an equal chance at winning something, even if they only posted 1 review. *Wink*

I do want you to take a look at the dropnote titled Ideas for Review Suggestions/Corrections. You could have had 2 tickets if you'd explained to them the importance of listing all 3 genres and then given them some suggestions. I like to try to give at least 1 more suggestion than they are missing so they have some choices, but that's me. *Wink*

You can find the genres they've selected in the lower left corner of the top section of their item. Some options like Other, Contest Entry, and even Contest or Activity aren't good choices (unless something really is a contest or an activity). There are several reasons to include all 3 genres.

1. Genres are the #1 way readers find something to read. Not including more than 1 genre leaves out potential readers.

2. Moderators are required to include items in each Newsletters. They often search by genre for things to include. While you aren't notified when your item is included (unless I'm the one including it because I tend to notify folks), your item will still get read by more people if it's listed in a Newsletter.

3. We have a competition called "The Quills. You can get nominated for a variety of things--Best Chapter, Best Lyrics, Best Flash Fiction, Best Short Poem--Unstructured, etc. (Note: Only things written in the current year qualify for nomination and that info is found in the bottom right of the top section of an item.) If an item is nominated for say Best Lyrics (because I'm too lazy to write longer examples lol), it will automatically get put into all the genre categories listed on it. Best Family, Best Home/Garden, Best Pets. But not matter how obvious it is that something belongs in a certain genre, if it's not listed, it won't get put in that category and it loses a chance to win a Quill for that category. *Sob*

In many cases, the person either didn't know the importance of adding more than 1 genre or they couldn't think of anything. I was told that a couple of times before I started adding suggestions for them. *Wink* You can click Browse by Genre on the left side to get the menu and scroll through to see all the options without ever disturbing the page you are on. Try it now so you are confident it will work when you're in the middle of a review. *Bigsmile*

Okay, so you missed out on 1 ticket, otherwise, you did a great job! Review that dropnote for more ideas. *Smile*

Good luck and welcome to the "WdC 2023 Birthday Review Raffle - CLOSED!

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

MESSAGE THREAD
1 Review/1 Ticket · 09-01-23 9:49pm
by Cyndee Paulson-Heer
*Star* Re: 1 Review/1 Ticket · 09-02-23 12:01am
by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels
Re: Re: 1 Review/1 Ticket · 09-03-23 12:21am
by Cyndee Paulson-Heer
Re: Re: Re: 1 Review/1 Ticket · 09-03-23 5:38am
by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3582172