*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3581668
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 31, 2023 at 7:37pm
Re: Joe Lewis Meets the Grim Reaper august 2023 out of th...
Good job continuing on! *Delight* Though I see you're still struggling with how to post. *Wink*

This title doesn't need to be "Joe Lewis Meets the Grim Reaper august 2023 out of the fog." I REALLY just needs to be "Out of the Fog" since it's the current contest. But since you are also working on catching up, it might be a challenge to remember to include the month/year sometimes, but not others. I have plenty of folks who ALWAYS include the month/year and that's perfectly fine--a bit more work for them, but no sweat off my back. *Laugh* So, an optional, perfectly acceptable title for this post entry would be "Out of the Fog--August 2023." *Bigsmile*

I assume the number on that post you created, 2303308, is probably the item number. I don't need that. But I also don't need the rest of all that that you posted. *Think* I don't need the name of the story, how it was inspired, how many words it is, etc. I just need to see proof that you entered the contest. This only shows me you wrote an entry. But how do I know you actually entered? *Confused* You prove it with {post:#######}.

Please walk through this as I give you instructions so you can get what I'm talking about. *Heart* Go to "Out of The Fog Contest - Open March 1st. Find your post. Click to open it. You'll see on the right side of the post, below the date and time you created the post and above the people who have Loved it (including me *Wink*), you'll see #3580739. THAT is the post number you need.

When you create a link with "post" and that number, it links directly to your post on that contest page. I can easily click that link and go from my forum immediately to your post where you entered the contest. *Bigsmile* When you don't create that link, I have to go to my part of the forum where I list the contests, click the contest you entered, go down their page to the contest forum, scroll through all the other entries to find your post, click to open your post and see that you entered. It's much easier if I can just click the link in my forum to see that you entered because I'm immediately taken to your post in the contest forum where you entered. *Wink*

You could create that link with {post:3580739}. "Post" indicates you are making a post link, not an item link, note link, entry link, etc. You are creating a link to a forum post. 3580739 indicates the exact forum post you are linking to. Thus {post:3580739} creates the link . *Delight*

When you are creating the link, when you type the colon, do NOT type a space, of course. We never use a space in WdC code. But after the colon, if you just pause and wait, there's a good chance your forum post will pop up in a menu box for you to choose from. *Bigsmile* To help this happen, be sure you are typing in the middle of the screen or higher, not near the bottom. This way, you don't even have to copy the post ID number from the contest forum. *Wink*

You can do this! There's an example JUST above the forum, if you need guidance on how to do it. You got this! And you're doing a great job catching up! *Party*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo's in Alabama

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo's in Alabama

MESSAGE THREAD
Joe Lewis Meets the Grim Reaper august 2023 out of the fog · 08-26-23 7:48pm
by JCosmos
*Star* Re: Joe Lewis Meets the Grim Reaper august 2023 out of th... · 08-31-23 7:37pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo's in Alabama.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3581668