*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3580184
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 23, 2023 at 9:46pm
Re: Setting the Muse on Strike for March 2018 entry
You're getting closer. *Laugh* I don't need the bitem link to your story. I don't do any judging here, so I don't need to see your item. I need to see your post in the contest's forum. *Wink* But Dialogue 500 is a March 2018 contest, so good job on that! *Hug1**Smile**Hug2*

I see you tried to create a post link, but several things went wrong. 1. Like with any WdC link, there's no space between the colon and the numbers. 2. There's never a # in a WdC link. 3. This is the item number from your story, not your post. *Think* If you look at your bitem post, the item number there is 2303111. I need the post number from your post in the contest forum.

If you go to the contest forum page and open your forum post, you'll see the post number in the upper right corner of your post. It's 3580173. You would then write the link to that post with {post:3580173} to create the link to the forum post as "{bitem:2303111} The Muse on Strike august 2023 entry"  . Does that make sense? You can practice finding the forum post number by looking at your post here, just above this. See the post number in the upper right corner? It says 3580174. See that? THAT is the location of the post number I'm looking for, but of course, from the contest page, not my own forum. *Laugh*

Also, I see you put the bitem link in the forum title on the contest page. As you can see, code doesn't work in forum titles. You can't even create a smile there. *Pthb* Don't bother putting code in the forum title because it won't show up right anyway. *Wink*

You'll get this! *Heart* I can see that you did enter. I just had to go to the contest link in my Previously Highlighted Contests 2018 dropnote and click that link to go to the contest forum to click your post there to see that you entered. If the link to that post was here, I could just click it and immediately go to your post and see you entered. *Bigsmile*

I believe in you! You'll get it. In the meantime, good luck with the contests you're entering! *4leaf*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo's in Alabama

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo's in Alabama

MESSAGE THREAD
Setting the Muse on Strike for March 2018 entry · 08-23-23 8:55pm
by JCosmos
*Star* Re: Setting the Muse on Strike for March 2018 entry · 08-23-23 9:46pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo's in Alabama.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3580184