*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3580116
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 23, 2023 at 2:41pm
Re: Re: not just another holiday for writer's cramp
*Dollar* 10,000 GPs were sent to JCosmos with this post.
*FacePalm* I forgot to explain the "post" situation. *Blush* Here are some more GPs for all your pain and suffering. *Laugh*

Okay, so item and bitem links link to the same thing, just showing different info. Post links don't link to the item. They link to the forum post. The post number is in the upper right corner of the post. So, if you scroll up and look at your original post in this thread, you'll see the post number is 3567739. If you wanted to link to this post, you would write {post:3567739}, which would create the link "not just another holiday for writer's cramp"  . Now, if you click that link, you'll be taken to the top of this post. Naturally, that's not a thing you would do very often, if ever. But the principle is the same for all posts. I want you to create a link to the post where you entered your item in the contest forum so that I can just click that link and it takes me right to your post in the contest forum and I can easily verify that you entered the contest. And if I want to read your item, which I don't often do, but do from time to time, I can also click the bitem link you posted in the contest forum and read your item.

Note: THIS is a challenge. You are entering CONTESTS. People often think this is a contest, but I don't judge the entries. You can enter total crap and I'll still count it. *Angelic* You can even get disqualified for going over the word count or whatever and I'll STILL count it...though you should TRY to write good, qualifying entries, of course. *Wink* So, in the challenge forum (this forum), you are posting a link to your contest entry in the contest forum where you actually entered the contest. When you type the colon after "post," if your internet is decent, you should see your last several forum posts pop up so you don't have to copy the forum number every time. *Wink*

Unrelated Note: In case you don't know, to create a link to a Newsfeed note, you use "note." So, if I want to create a link to "Note: Well, things are a bit lopsided this month in..." where I last advertised my challenge, I would create that link with {note:939514}. The last several notes also pop up after the colon (never put a space after the colon on code here to ensure it works correctly), if you have decent internet. If you have really slow internet (or a really slow computer), you can always just copy a Newsfeed note number by clicking the little arrow thingy in the upper right corner of the note you want to link to. That's also where you see the button (?) to save that Newsfeed note, in case you want to, or to edit your own note, if you need to. *Smile* I hope this helps!

item/bitem: Static item

note: Newsfeed note

*Smile*

Of course, they all use the curly braces located above the square brackets on your keyboard and they don't have a space between the colon and the number.

I hope this helps! *Hug1**Smile**Hug2*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo's in Alabama

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo's in Alabama

MESSAGE THREAD
not just another holiday for writer's cramp · 06-18-23 11:52am
by JCosmos
Re: not just another holiday for writer's cramp · 08-20-23 8:44pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: not just another holiday for writer's cramp · 08-21-23 11:07pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: not just another holiday for writer's cramp · 08-22-23 9:44pm
by JCosmos
Re: Re: not just another holiday for writer's cramp · 08-23-23 2:05pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Re: Re: not just another holiday for writer's cramp · 08-23-23 3:30pm
by JCosmos
Re: Re: Re: Re: not just another holiday for writer's cramp · 08-23-23 3:36pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: not just another holiday for writer's... · 08-23-23 9:00pm
by JCosmos
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: not just another holiday for writ... · 08-23-23 9:49pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
*Star* Re: Re: not just another holiday for writer's cramp · 08-23-23 2:41pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo's in Alabama.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3580116