*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3579595
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 21, 2023 at 12:20pm
Re: "The Pink Fluffy Unicorn Contest" - September 2017
Uhh...This contest isn't even open and I don't think it has been for a long time. *Think* But "Stormy's poetry newsletter & contest is open. Why did you write something for a closed contest and not an open one? *Confused* Or maybe this contest wasn't open when you needed it to be, but then nothing was open, so you need to ask for a replacement contest, not enter a contest that's not open. Entering a closed contest doesn't do much good for anyone. They don't get more entries to judge. You can't win. *Think* There were several indicators that the contest was closed. The countdown until it closes was expired. The deadline in the rules was 2019. And the list of entries was from 2019. *Yikes* Yes, the bottom date in the lower right corner of the info box at the top of an item tells you when it was last "active," but that can be as simple as when someone last posted in the forum asking if the forum was open. *Wink* With contests, especially, you need to make sure it's open if you plan to enter, even if it's not for my challenge.

So, when all the contests are closed, you need to ask what to enter. If it's a contest that is sometimes open, such as "Stormy's poetry newsletter & contest, if you don't know when it will be open next, you can ask the owner. If they're going to open it in a few months and you're not fully finished with everything else, just wait. If you're all done and need this month to finish everything, then I'll give you a replacement contest for the month that are unavailable to you.

Anyway, luckily for you, I wasn't around to see this sooner, so any closed contests you've entered, I'll give you credit for. *Heart* Also, when you are catching up, not only do you need to ensure the contest is open, but also that you use the CURRENT prompt, not the one from way long time ago from the month/year you are catching up on. I don't know if you did this, but other folks have, so I want to be sure you don't make that mistake. *Wink*

Anyway, keep it up. You can do this! *Hug1**Smile**Hug2*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo's in Alabama

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo's in Alabama

MESSAGE THREAD
"The Pink Fluffy Unicorn Contest" - September 2017 · 06-22-23 1:54am
by Anna Marie Carlson
*Star* Re: "The Pink Fluffy Unicorn Contest" - September 2017 · 08-21-23 12:20pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo's in Alabama.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3579595