*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3579433
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 20, 2023 at 8:07pm
Re: Eat Your Vegetables for Writers cramp June 17
Uh, you already entered that contest this month. *FacePalm* Yes, they do allow multiple entries in a month, but the point of the short contest months is to enter each contest once. *Yikes* Wait a minute... I don't think you did this for the June short contest month, did you? *Think* I don't think I highlighted it for June because they have a higher word count than I allow for June contests since June (and November) are reserved for the short contests--less than 500 words, more or less, and 15-ish lines. *FacePalm* I have to separate them out or no one will enter the other contests I highlight with them because if 1 contest has a 100 word max and the other has a 1000 word max, well, I've tested that theory and the results were pretty consistantly in favor of the short contest when it came to total entries that month. *Think*

Sooo...Yeah, good job, Schnujo! THIS is why you HAVE TO STAY ON TOP OF THE FORUM!!! *Headbang* *Headbang* *Headbang* Okay, so, what were you doing? I know I've highlighted this contest a few times in the past. Were you trying to post this for previous months that it was highlighted? If so, that would be listed as "Writers Cramp--February 2017" if that's the month you are working on catching up. If you didn't know you couldn't just randomly choose any contest you wanted, uh, well, you can't. That's why I highlight specific ones. *Laugh* If I'm remembering wrong and I DID highlight Cramp in June, well, you still can't enter more than once per month to count it for the same month. With THIS contest, since the prompt changes, you can enter multiple times to count it for different months that I highlighted it. And if you are doing something like Sharmelle's Poetry Topic of the Month Contest, if I recall, that allows multiple entries in a month, so you can enter that one several times to catch up on some of the months it was highlighted. But you can't enter a regular contest that doesn't allow multiple entries or change the prompt more than once a month, even if you are counting it towards different months. *Think* Well, okay, if they change the prompt mid-month, THEN you can enter twice and count it for 2 different months, but that's not a common situation. *Wink*

So, since I wasn't around to help ward off any mistakes on your part, I'll count whatever you did. *Hug1**Smile**Hug2* Though maybe you really just meant to count this for specific months where this contest was highlighted. What were you counting this for? I'll try to get this straightened out. *Smile* Don't worry. I won't let any of your entries go to waste. It's not YOUR fault I wasn't around to catch issues early on. *Heart* Just explain the plan and I'll get things straight on the list to ensure you get the credit you were aiming for. *Smile*

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo's in Alabama

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo's in Alabama

MESSAGE THREAD
Eat Your Vegetables for Writers cramp June 17 · 06-17-23 12:29pm
by JCosmos
*Star* Re: Eat Your Vegetables for Writers cramp June 17 · 08-20-23 8:07pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Eat Your Vegetables for Writers cramp June 17 · 08-21-23 10:45pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Re: Eat Your Vegetables for Writers cramp June 17 · 08-21-23 10:56pm
by JCosmos
Re: Re: Re: Eat Your Vegetables for Writers cramp June 17 · 08-21-23 11:08pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo's in Alabama.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3579433