*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3579420
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 20, 2023 at 7:09pm
Re: “SCREAMS!!!“ — March 2017
Well, part of the point of this challenge is to get you writing things you wouldn't normally write, so yay! I'm actually taking the horror writing class being offered here. Well, I'm ALLEGEDLY taking it. *Laugh* I signed up months ago and JUST turned in my first assignment. Well, what can I say? That's what you get for calling it "self-paced." *Laugh*

Anyway, you're doing great here! Oh, you (hopefully) already know this, but you can only enter OPEN contests. *FacePalm* Someone (I forgot who) mentioned that some of the folks catching up (they didn't name names and I didn't ask because, TBH, I got too much going on to care ATM) are entering CLOSED contests. *RollEyes* Seriously, people? If you run into a month where all your contest options are closed, if something will be opening later (like a holiday contest) and you aren't otherwise done with that year, just be patient. If nothing is open or expected to be open, you can ask the owner of one of the contests you want to enter to see if they are going to open it soon. Sometimes they are going to or have at least been thinking about it. Other times, they aren't. If there's nothing that's going to be open, let me know. I'll find you a replacement contest. *Smile* But, yeah, don't enter closed contests. *FacePalm* Sure, it's still writing practice, but if there's NO chance of winning, what's the fun in that? *Confused*

Anyway, you're doing great! Keep at it!

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo's in Alabama

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo's in Alabama

MESSAGE THREAD
“SCREAMS!!!“ — March 2017 · 06-16-23 10:15am
by Evie 🏳️‍🌈 write&blog
*Star* Re: “SCREAMS!!!“ — March 2017 · 08-20-23 7:09pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo's in Alabama.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3579420