*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3575546
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(109)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1949474
Motivate yourself to conquer your goals this week! Post on Monday; update us on Friday!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 31, 2023 at 4:50pm
Goals for Week of 07/31/23 - 08/06/23

1. Put together a course of self-study & reading that I can follow daily. I'm attempting to study many things at once (as is done in school.) Right now, I split my time between Theology & Biblical Languages (Christian), Paralegal Studies & Law, Literature, Music, etc. Probably trying to do too much at once, but hopefully with better time management (and a way to self-test) I should be able to get things done.

2. Prepare for my returning to local college to study Paralegal Studies. Kind of a "seat of my pants" deal. I love my current job but it just doesn't pay enough. (What job does these days?) That won't start until August 8, which gives me this week to prepare.

3. Continue reading the first book of the LOTR trilogy, hopefully finish it, and find time to watch the first extended movie (I've been holding off on the movies until I've read the books.)

4. Keep up with my counseling and give myself a break. I'm so very hard on myself but also keep self-sabotaging every time I try to do something productive, because I either think it a waste of time or believe that if I'm not immediately good at it, I must suck as a person. It's such a dangerous mixture.

5. Get it in my head that a job doesn't have to be a passion. I'm doing my part in society and I get paid for it. That's enough of a reason to keep at it for now.

6. Continue with one of my pending drafts.

7. Get some exercise in!

That's enough for this week alone.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Goals for Week of 07/31/23 - 08/06/23 · 07-31-23 4:50pm
by Ghelatlishol

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3575546