*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3567235
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 15, 2023 at 3:29am
Re: The Forum of Micro-Articles contest — June 2023
What do you mean you've half the competition before? Did you have another username here and participated in the challenge? I might be able to combine those with these, if I'm understanding correctly. Though you're not usually supposed to have a 2nd account here unless it's an "officially authorized one."

Or do you mean you've entered all these contests already? Nope. They don't count...well, maybe anything you entered this month. But that's it. The point is to get them more entries and to encourage you to enter contests you might not have otherwise. Neither of those is accomplished if I allow you to count contests from previous months before you started participating. *Wink*

Or do you mean you did the other half of this contest already since she wants 2 articles. In that case, sure. *Smile*

Just so you know, you don't HAVE to note the month and year if you're entering a current contest, but since you're skipping all around, it's probably a good idea. *Wink* I'd hate for you to forget to put it because you had just finished a current entry and didn't have to, but now were posting something for a previous month which happens to highlight the same contest as the current month, so I think you're just doing 2 entries for this month when you meant for one to be for another month. *Frown*

Speaking of confusion...If a contest allows multiple entries in a single month (or changes the prompt for a new round during that same month such as The Writer's Cramp does daily), you can count it for multiple months, but you can't count it for the same month more than once. So, since Prompt Me allows multiple entries, I believe, you can't post it twice and then only do 12 other contests, thinking you get the exclusive MB since you did 14 entries. But for contests that do allow multiple entries, you can check to see every month that it was highlighted and write more entries for those other months while you're working on the same contest since every contest has different rules and it can be hard to switch around from contest to contest sometimes. *Wink* And also when a contest is about to switch prompts, same thing. Deadline is tonight? Write something today and then another thing for the new prompt tomorrow and count them for 2 different months since they were officially 2 different rounds. *Bigsmile*

Also, when you get close to finishing a whole year, especially if you are skipping around, consider really focusing on those 12 consecutive months instead of having 30 entries, none of which are consecutive months. I had 2 people in that situation, as if they were actually trying to see how many NON-consecutive months they could do. *FacePalm* I can't remember about 1, but the other, I'm not sure they ever actually finished any 12 consecutive and now they're not hardly on WdC at all. They did SO many entries, but I don't know that they got a single celebration. Don't let that be you. *Frown* Either work in order (not really what I recommend, but it's a thing lol) or pay attention after doing a bunch. Every now and then I'll also check and let you know where you can fill in to get 12. As you get closer and closer to the end, your 12 will shift around if you're skipping as they are supposed to end on a January, but I allow any 12, so they'll shift as you get more and more done, but you'll still get all the right number of celebrations, just as you look at the list over time, your 12 might end on a May, but then later get shifted to ending on a September, but it should be such that the 1st time, you only had 1 done, but the 2nd time you had 2 done...if that makes sense.

Also, you don't automatically get the celebration as soon as you're done because I've noticed that people don't like to hand out MBs for the celebrations for only a couple of people. *Irritated* They seem to be more participatory when there are at least 5 people to make it worth the giver's while, I guess. *FacePalm* Right now I have 3-4 people waiting for more folks to finish so they can get their Newsfeed Celebration.

Easter signature

And be sure to check out my challenge

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo's in Alabama

and my contest

FORUM
The Whatever Contest -- Closed for Now  (13+)
This irregular contest will change each round. Nature poem? Horror story? Whatever.
#2232242 by Schnujo's in Alabama

MESSAGE THREAD
The Forum of Micro-Articles contest — June 2023 · 06-15-23 12:48am
by Evie 🏳️‍🌈 write&blog
Re: The Forum of Micro-Articles contest — June 2023 · 06-15-23 3:04am
by Past Member 'rupali'
*Star* Re: The Forum of Micro-Articles contest — June 2023 · 06-15-23 3:29am
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Re: The Forum of Micro-Articles contest — June 2023 · 06-15-23 10:00am
by Evie 🏳️‍🌈 write&blog
Re: Re: Re: The Forum of Micro-Articles contest — June ... · 06-15-23 10:25am
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo's in Alabama.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3567235