*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3564812
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 1, 2023 at 8:24pm
Re: Good Deeds Get Cash--May 2023
*Dollar* 1,000 GPs were sent to Cyndee Paulson-Heer with this post.
Welcome to WdC and welcome to my challenge! *Delight*

So sorry for the delayed response! Well, it's often a delayed response in this forum, but I REALLY meant to respond before the month was over. *Blush* I got side tracked and forgot. I have a brain injury from Iraq, so that happens a lot. *FacePalm*

Anyway, no, you didn't do it correctly, but that's okay. Very few people do it right the 1st time. I should probably review my rules to see why. Anyway...

So, first, you have to enter one of the contests I posted. You can go back and try to enter one of the May contests that's also running a June round or you can just start fresh with June...probably the better option, IMO. *Wink* But if you want to try for May, go to the Previously Highlighted Contests dropnotes for 2023 and see what the May contests are. Then click the links to see what's open in June and enter that contest. Otherwise, enter a contest I have listed on the page for June.

Every June and November I run a bunch of short/fast/easy contests. That's part of why I suggest you enter starting June. It will be a quick and easy entry. *Bigsmile*

After you write your entry and post it in the contest's forum like you would for any contest you enter, you'll come back here to this challenge page. You'll create a post where the title is the name of the contest you entered. If you entered the No Dialogue Contest, that would be the post title in this forum. There's no need to put the month and year if you are doing the current round, but it's fine to include it. If you want to catch up (so you can finish 12 consecutive months faster and get your Newsfeed Celebration faster...or just because you get busy and miss a month sometime in the future), then you are welcome to dig through the Previously Highlighted Contests dropnotes to enter other contests I've highlighted in the past. Be sure to enter a contest I highlighted for that specific month and year that you are making up. And use the CURRENT prompt, not the old prompt you missed. In those cases, you DO need to let me know which month and year you are getting credit for in the title of your forum post like you did here. *Wink* If you find a month with no open contests, let me know. That will never stop you from finishing this challenge. *Bigsmile*

Anyway, title your forum post here with the contest title (and month/year, if needed) and post proof that you entered the contest. That means that you don't post the item you wrote. That only proves you wrote something. You post a link to the forum post on the contest page where you actually entered. You do that with {post:########}. In case you don't know how to post links, you use curly braces (located above the square brackets on your keyboard) to create all code here. After the colon, the last 8 (I think it is) items you've written/posted/whatever will usually appear and you can select from that list. But you can also get the number from the place you posted. If it's an actual forum post, after you submit your post, look at it and it will have a 7-digit number in the upper right corner of the post. Look at the post you created that I'm replying to. That number is 3564521. See that? If you wanted to link to that forum post for some reason, you would write {post:3564521} and that would create "Good Deeds Get Cash--May 2023"  . *Bigsmile* But again, if it's a recent post, it will probably pop up after the colon...hopefully...if you have decent internet. *Wink*

When you are entering the contest, you'll probably have to link your item. Just in case you haven't discovered how to do that yet, here's how. I'll use my challenge link to show you. *Bigsmile* Again, after the colon, it should pop up automatically, but if it doesn't, you can copy the item number from the top of the item. I think it's between the title and description? Or below the description? Somewhere in there--it's the only 7-digit number there. *Laugh*

There are 2 main ways to post a link--item and bitem (big item) links. Most contests will want a bitem link, but I'll show you both for your convenience.

{item:2109126} = "The Contest Challenge

{bitem:2109126} *Down*

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo's in Alabama

I hope that helps! Don't be discouraged! You're new so all of this is harder right now. But you'll get the hang of it! I did, so I know you can as well. *Hug1**Smile**Hug2*

Again, welcome to WdC and welcome to my challenge! I look forward to your next entry! And don't sweat it if it's not posted perfectly. I'll keep reminding you how until you get it right or you finish the year off. *Laugh* Here are a few GPs for encouragement. *Heart*
MESSAGE THREAD
Good Deeds Get Cash--May 2023 · 05-31-23 9:52am
by Cyndee Paulson-Heer
*Star* Re: Good Deeds Get Cash--May 2023 · 06-01-23 8:24pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo's in Alabama.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3564812