*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3553781
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 28, 2023 at 1:58pm
Edited: March 28, 2023 at 2:34pm
Re: More Newsfeed Comment Features
by ruwth

Massive Friendly Derg ,

You are right, the edit option does not show up on comments. I am actually the only person on WdC who edits comments.

As it says in the post Elisa: Stik or Treat linked for you:

when you post a comment on a note or an entry, people get email copies. Editing the comment wouldn't correct the copies.

For this reason, we don't see the edit option on our comments. All our comments do have Note numbers. I stumbled upon that fact accidentally years ago. If you have the note number, you then can post it and see the edit option.

No one but me does this. Why? Because figuring out the Note number is a tedious, time consuming process. I have an In&Out in my port I use to find those Note numbers. It can take a very long time--it has taken me over an hour before-- much easier to delete and repost-- or just leave the error stand if not too awful.

This is my item:

Comparing Notes...  (18+)
Notes, notes and more notes -- Comments, too! :-)
#2089281 by ruwth

It is set to private but you can email me for the passkey to my In&Out if you'd like to see how I do it.

The StoryMaster does not need to search for these Note numbers like I do. He has easy access to those numbers but he NEVER edits his comments because of the email thing mentioned. He has thus far allowed my silliness because I don't abuse it and, fortunately for me, no one else is crazy enough to bother with such a time- consuming process.

So, we can post photos in our comments by using the WritingML {photo:xxxxxx} but the option to edit is not likely to ever be an easy option.

Here is a link to a comment you posted today: "Note: Flushed Away". You can see the V in the upper right corner and you could then edit the comment if you wanted to.

Send me an email if you want to know more ...

------ ruwth

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas...
MESSAGE THREAD
More Newsfeed Comment Features · 03-27-23 2:29pm
by Massive Friendly Derg
Re: More Newsfeed Comment Features · 03-28-23 9:08am
by ruwth
Re: More Newsfeed Comment Features · 03-28-23 9:16am
by Massive Friendly Derg
Re: Re: More Newsfeed Comment Features · 03-28-23 10:27am
by Elisa: Stik or Treat
Re: More Newsfeed Comment Features · 03-28-23 12:56pm
by GERVicious Ghoul ☬
Re: More Newsfeed Comment Features · 03-28-23 1:23pm
by Massive Friendly Derg
*Star* Re: More Newsfeed Comment Features · 03-28-23 1:58pm
by ruwth

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3553781