*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3548380
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 21, 2023 at 10:24pm
Fate Finally Makes a Call
by Nostrum
With "Fate Finally Makes a Call, I start the last arc of Mireya's story.

To be honest, I was a bit conflicted as to how to present the overall story, so I waited until I could finish this AND the preamble to the sequel to my BoM arc before I could even decide how to do it. Afterwards, I decided to work a little bit on the back-story to Will's journey into the Stellae, leaving this for a rainy day.

And, as you may have expected, that rainy day just arrived. (Hopefully the clouds will clear up soon!)

I decided to post the first three chapters of the TWS sequel arc because they'd add up to the intrigue of what happens in this particular arc. By now, you already know how Mireya ended - this should explain how, as well as the reasons why Will has a mask of himself *and* why he can assume Mireya's identity without a mask. (That last one will have to wait a LOT, but it'll be interesting, I promise!)

The first part presents someone you probably saw in the preamble - Ricardo Matos. Though he makes a cameo appearance here, he sets the wheels in motion in both cases. Is he a friend, a foe, a rival? I decided to keep him a mystery for now, but it was fun to have someone who's a cryptid hunter but not affiliated to the Stellae.

The second part, of course, has Dr. Gus appear again. There's a lot of foreshadowing and emotion in it, as well as a few surprises. As you can see, I arranged with Seuzz to establish Maria's clinic roughly around this point in time (at the two years between BoM and TWS). This *shouldn't* affect canon, because the few moments when the clinic is referenced are after the two-year skip; however, both interactives are large enough that a decision of this caliber will always potentially cause conflicts. (Hopefully that's not the case!) If necessary, consider that the Institute is better suited for diagnostic purposes (as that is Dr. Gus's specialty) while the Clinic (which, as you may have noticed, has an official name!) is better suited for treatment. Effectively, the Clinic is meant to ease the load off the Institute in terms of charity cases, while leaving the Institute for research purposes. This fits the specific skills that Maria and Dr. Gus have, as the former is a better healer thanks to her bond with Perelandra, while the latter is better for diagnostics because of the inquisitive nature of Kenandandra. I feel this should be cleared out.

Hopefully you can start to see how everything starts to tie up - specifically, why the action happens in Brazil. This arc should wrap up in six chapters, with a definite end that should tie in to the prologue for those who start reading from Mireya's story. Hopefully this'll clear a lot of things; if not, the post-mortem will.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Fate Finally Makes a Call · 02-21-23 10:24pm
by Nostrum
Re: Fate Finally Makes a Call · 02-26-23 1:47am
by Nostrum

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3548380