*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3364442
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 29, 2020 at 12:34pm
Edited: August 29, 2020 at 2:56pm
Re: Re: Re: Maybe Should’ve Been An Email
by Seuzz
>> I always forget about the wiki.

So do I.

There aren't that many events that are important to keep track of. Most the events on the wiki are there either because they were important to a recent branch so I added them to the list, or because they are a thing -- like a concert or a movie opening -- that might spark an idea or play a minor role in a chapter.

But there are probably a lot of important events that are only talked about in chapters that were written a long time ago, and which I have never tracked back to add to the master list.

Related point on my writing process: Nowadays, when I write a branch, I keep a separate file outlining what has happened, which chapter it happened in, and what the day and date were. When a significant event happens that I feel ought to be noted as an invariant event -- something that will happen unless Will does something to upset it -- I write it down in that branch's outline, and very often migrate it to the master list. When beginning a new branch, I will migrate the master list to the branch outline so I'll have it nearby to know what's been going on.

I edited the thread title to bring the subject front and center.
MESSAGE THREAD
Permanent Events in BoM [post title edited] · 08-29-20 8:42am
by Kenny
Re: Maybe Should’ve Been An Email · 08-29-20 9:13am
by Masktrix
Re: Re: Maybe Should’ve Been An Email · 08-29-20 9:48am
by Kenny
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Maybe Should’ve Been An Email · 08-29-20 12:34pm
by Seuzz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3364442