SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3339430
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1786069
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 16, 2020 at 3:50pm
Re: April 16th Prompt
I won't be posting my blog until later this evening.

What I wrote:

My mother, who lives in NYS, broke her hip, went to the hospital, doctors decided not to operate. She was transferred to a nursing home where she'll die, possibly before her 98th birthday in May. My sister won't be allowed to be there. She'll get to die alone like so many others. I need to give this news to my aunt, age 92, who lives alone in North Carolina.

I have no family that I know within 500 miles. Family seldom calls. Friends don't either. If it weren't for WDC and spacebook ...

Most of my friends who I met when I moved here have moved away or moved on (young people do that) while my older friends have just upped and died. Most recently on March 21st but I'm sure there's more coming.

A tender moment? A treasured moment? I realize that these prompts can't apply to everyone but reading about people's close family and the antics of their children or how, as a suburbanite, they all went in the SUV on a road trip looking for TP leaves me sad.

I don't celebrate birthdays for that reason. Other people's happiness doesn't make me happy. It's not an infection. I do go to weddings but prefer funerals, at least the pain is over for the deceased.
MESSAGE THREAD
April 16th Prompt · 04-16-20 1:46pm
by Carol, Bride of Writingstein
Re: April 16th Prompt · 04-16-20 2:13pm
by Cubboo!
*Star* Re: April 16th Prompt · 04-16-20 3:50pm
by Kåre Enga in Montana
Re: April 16th Prompt · 04-16-20 3:59pm
by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Fivesixer.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3339430