*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3269242
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Activity · #2109126
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 7, 2019 at 12:30am
Re: Re: First time entry! SugarCube's Weekly Contest
I was worried I'd do it wrong, so I read through everything a few times and looked to see how other folks were doing it before I posted. You know, I'm not entirely sure why it's such a common username! *Laugh* Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm excited to participate.

Writing every day (or as close to it as I can manage) has been a bit of an experiment. I'm trying out the "sucky pot" theory, which postulates that if you set a potter at a wheel making as many pots as possible, improvement in craft is almost inevitable. I'm not sure if that carries over to writing, but I'm hoping that if I write a lot of words (and consciously try to examine works of fiction that move me), I'll eventually get a little bit better at this writing thing.

Thanks for the list! I looked it over earlier, and there are a whole bunch of great contests on there! I've had a chance to participate in several of them over the last few months while I've tried to revive my dusty, zombie account here on WDC.

- -

"Let me live, love and say it well
in good sentences."
- Sylvia Plath

*MushroomB* *Books3**Books5* "► The Bookshelf ◄ *Books5**Books2* *MushroomB*
MESSAGE THREAD
First time entry! SugarCube's Weekly Contest · 05-05-19 5:13pm
by Roseille ♥
Re: First time entry! SugarCube's Weekly Contest · 05-06-19 5:53pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
*Star* Re: Re: First time entry! SugarCube's Weekly Contest · 05-07-19 12:30am
by Roseille ♥
Re: Re: Re: First time entry! SugarCube's Weekly Contest · 05-07-19 7:33am
by Schnujo's in Alabama

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Schnujo's in Alabama.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3269242