*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3247730
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(676)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 6, 2019 at 11:44am
Re: OT - Dystopian story
Keep in mind that this is simply my own opinion. I'm not a professional anything except procrastinator. *Laugh* I also love this genre. Yes, there are lots of similar stories, but that's with any genre, or for that matter, even within a series, you will see the same type of story line over and over. The key is to make yours different and to help it stand out.

Don't think about how your story is similar, but how it is different and how you can make it even MORE different. Think about differences in your characters, plot, setting, timeline, point of view, and any number of other aspects of your stories. Consider mixing genres--remember the movie Romancing the Stone? It was ground breaking because prior to that most movies were just one genre, but that movie said, "No. I can be more!" lol Also, there is your personal writing style--that can really make or break a story, IMO.

There are so many things that make one story different from another. Plot is only one way. I saw keep writing, but then, I opened this thread because I love dystopian stories, so maybe I'm biased. lol

FORUM
The Contest Challenge  (13+)
Join by entering a contest a month for 12 months--Win Badges! Catching up is allowed!
#2109126 by Schnujo's in Alabama

Gift from  [Link To User sisrandez]
MESSAGE THREAD
OT - Dystopian story · 02-03-19 9:01pm
by Sead Creary
*Star* Re: OT - Dystopian story · 02-06-19 11:44am
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Re: OT - Dystopian story · 02-06-19 9:49pm
by Sead Creary
Re: Re: Re: OT - Dystopian story · 02-06-19 11:45pm
by Schnujo's in Alabama
Re: Re: Re: Re: OT - Dystopian story · 02-07-19 9:00pm
by Sead Creary

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3247730