*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3083496
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 9, 2017 at 3:25am
IMs - On Your List?
I'm finally getting around to asking about this, and I am actually serious. . . it's pretty annoying to ME, dunno bout anyone else.

Main Issue:

IMs pop up, and they never go away. There's no way to ignore them without closing them. The same IM won't pop up once or twice (which is fine) but seemingly ad infinitim. There probably is a limit on how many times it will pop up, as i think it eventually stops. But...

The IMs are freezing my edits. Forum, port organization, NOTEBOOK POSTS ESPECIALLY. In Notebook and Newsfeed, in forum or static and book items, when I am writing a new post / entry, if I get an IM, it will so often freeze my system. If I attempt to CLOSE the IM dialog box, it will just freeze me further. The post or edit is usually lost, although in Safari I can sometimes go BACK and recover it enough to copy it to my clipboard. My gripe is that I can only choose to shut down IMs entirely, or deal with it... and I'm at the point of shutting them down entirely.

I don't WANT to shut them down because I get questions regarding the "Invalid Item and site questions via the IM. There are other group peeps and leaders I like to keep myself available to, work on projects with, etc. Good for social hellos and all, too!

If it's on your list in some way, can you let me know? If not. . . ? If I could toggle it to open just once, maybe twice. . . then disappear . . . I'd be happy. . . be nice if it was easy-ish for the SM to fix *Smile*

Secondary Issue:

The IM font is still about a size five for me. . . I wear my reading glasses (very slight rx) but on my iPad it's just. . . very arduous to see *Smile* I assume this is just for my iPad Air II. Always running the most current iOS. An easy, tiny little setting you could manipulate, perhaps? ONLY PLACE onsite with this tiny font for me.

And that offsite service doesn't work with Apple, except for MAC. Unfortunately, because I would use it in a heartbeat. Cannot recall their name, but the one the SM and NW recommend. I copy as often as I can remember to *Headbang*

Never hurts to ask! THANKS oh hello SMs, snowing is it? Forecasted here but hopefully not! *Flowerp*

*Down* Mystery FLASH Contest! *Down*
** Image ID #2083483 Unavailable **
*Up* Click the Pic! *Up*

A signature for Quills winners to use Merit Badge in Quill Award
[Click For More Info]

2015 Quill Award for Best Long Poem, Free Verse, for  [Link To Item #2069526] . Congratulations! *^*Smile*^* (See  [Link To Item #quills]  for more details.)

"The 4 Controversies Contest
"Faith's Premise"A Lacy Maybe"Try Anew Another Day

*Up* Static Nominations *Up*

Signature for 2016 Quills Sponsor
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
IMs - On Your List? · 04-09-17 3:25am
by Whata SpoonStealer
Re: IMs - On Your List? · 04-09-17 4:03am
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: IMs - On Your List? · 04-10-17 3:38am
by Whata SpoonStealer
Re: Re: Re: IMs - On Your List? · 04-11-17 5:01am
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Re: Re: IMs - On Your List? · 04-11-17 9:31am
by Whata SpoonStealer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: IMs - On Your List? · 04-13-17 8:11pm
by Sally

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3083496