*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3078805
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 22, 2017 at 4:50pm
Interactive Suggestion, and a Plea
I see that SM did some updating on the interactives, so that when you click on the path you want to go on, it is simply added to the page - just one issue, you can't backtrack to go on a second path.

Basically, let's say your path as gone 1,1,1,1,1 (that's five 1's), before it dead ends, for whatever reason (THE END, or another addition has yet to be written). Now, there was another path at 1111, where if you had hit the 2 after four one's, you could of gone down a different path, but, the way it is, if you are currently at 11111, and you had started on 1, Previous Page just takes you to 1, instead of 1111.

Basically, you might want to make it so that the recent choice gets reverted back to the previous one, like 1111, instead of 1, or where ever it is the person started the interactive at. After all, if you've gone through 50+ choices, it would be a pain to remember all of it before picking the path you want to go on.

Also, I have a plea for you - Could you possible find it in your hearts to make it so that Free Writers can create interactives once again (maybe limit them to just five), and remove the limitations from the rest of us, for many of us writers all remember when we first started out - few people talked to us, few people reviewed us, but then we made our first interactive, and next thing we knew, people were adding to it, people were emailing us, we were talking to each other, and soon enough, we made friends - and I'm speaking from personal experience here, as that's how I made some of my first friends on the site, because people liked my stuff and wanted to add to it.

So, I hope that you will listen to this humble plea.

(Now, this would be the part where I post a clip from Pirates of the Caribbean 3: World's End, specifically the scene where Captain Barbossa tries to move the Brethren Court into Freeing Calypso, only for the Court to argue with him, but it seems that no one has posted that scene on Youtube. *Laugh*)
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Interactive Suggestion, and a Plea · 03-22-17 4:50pm
by BIG BAD WOLF is Howling
Re: Interactive Suggestion, and a Plea · 03-22-17 10:51pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Interactive Suggestion, and a Plea · 03-23-17 4:10pm
Re: Interactive Suggestion, and a Plea · 03-22-17 11:35pm
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: Interactive Suggestion, and a Plea · 03-23-17 4:00pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3078805