*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3051728
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(676)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 23, 2016 at 9:16pm
My feel-good short short.
Hi. I'm a newbie. My name is Terri and I am sort of learning my way through this maze of creating and reading and reviewing and different genres and articles and resources of everything. It had my head spinning. And then I saw an article that gave me step by step, easy to understand information which brought me here. Hopefully, I'm utilizing the correct forum.

I sometimes attend a writer's group in my city where a cool prompt was passed out and my imagination was stirred. I want to place it here for whomever to see and give me feedback or encouragement or even a, "Oops. This isn't where you are suppose to be for this little piece of genius. Send it to this forum."

No title yet.

The bubbles swirled and dispersed. Foamed, popped, and slowly drained into the pipes. I gazed into the white soapy cleanliness and sighed, wishing life was that simple. Just wash everything away. Let the hot, sudsy water cleanse away the sadness and the uncertainty, purify the hateful, angry thoughts. I splashed my fingers in the silky froth and twirled the liquid with a forefinger. It felt good to splash and play in the bubbles like a little girl. I liked the feeling. I squirted more dish detergent into the whirlpool and turned on the tap. The soap fizzed up into creamy billows and I actually laughed. What a silly thing to do. After all the drama and chaos I had been going through for the past couple of days, to find enjoyment in playing in a sink of soapy water. Funny...but it made my heart just a bit lighter...

My short short and I wondered if it could be considered a free style poem? And if so, how would I go about writing it? Mostly I wanted to know, if this made sense and made someone smile and say, "Yeah, I've been there."

Thanks for reading and I'd appreciate any and all feedback and help. I have a cute series I'm nursing deep in my brain and writing bits and pieces and actually this week I started crafting it on paper. But I can't decide whether to make the series a fantasy or a mystery or maybe a ghost story. So many ideas. Sort of like the swirl of bubbles in my drain. Thanks again.

Terri
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My feel-good short short. · 12-23-16 9:16pm
by Terrilynn

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3051728