*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3031199/thread/1
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
Starts Oct. 1st! A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Reply  •  Post New  •  Message List  •  Next >>

Just a few quotes from the greats today to get your day started off right. Remember even the greatest writer struggles to get those words out sometimes.

I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose.
ā€“ Stephen King

Prose is architecture, not interior decoration.
ā€“ Ernest Hemingway

"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." -Toni Morrison

"There is creative reading as well as creative writing." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You fail only if you stop writing." Ray Bradbury

Itā€™s none of their business that you have to learn to write. Let them think you were born that way.
ā€“ Ernest Hemingway

First, find out what your hero wants, then just follow him!
ā€“ Ray Bradbury

Have a fanstastic day!

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

*Dollar* 250 GPs were sent to Shanachie with this post.
I think, without really trying, that I have followed some of Stephen King's advice. A character, one hovering on the fringes of my story, is beginning to take shape. I did a profile of the shadow and am quite surprised and maybe appalled at what one so young had to say. Yes, her background would probably create some sympathy for her, but her circumstances has created the "monster" that she may become.

The Muse has definite ideas where this story is supposed to go. I am not sure that I recognize the original direction anymore. I guess I should just stop whining and enjoy the ride! *Fire*

Sounds like a great idea! Good luck!

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." -Toni Morrison

"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it." -Lloyd Alexander

"There is creative reading as well as creative writing." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You fail only if you stop writing." Ray Bradbury

<< Previous  •  Reply  •  Post New  •  Message List  •  Next >>
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3031199/thread/1