*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2982157
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 26, 2016 at 1:05pm
Raffles Ending Soon Calendar
In the newsfeed I'd mentioned a Contests Ending Soon calendar or something that hosts could post to for their event and everyone else could see what they wanted to enter. I keep missing deadlines and if there was a calendar I could just go to, that would simplify things. Right now I have my Favorites set up into different folders by end date and a page of odd dates written down and I STILL forget/get confused.

Anyway, I wanted to suggest that if you guys decide to make something to help with this problem, that maybe you could do another one for raffles too.

For both, perhaps put the beginning date in blue (for those who are red/green color blind) if they don't run monthly on a regular schedule. Some things that are only every other or ever few months could use both the beginning and end dates while things that run every month wouldn't really need beginning dates.

Maybe there could also be a button to push to just show beginning dates and another just to show end dates in case the calendar gets too crowded. And a location that lists daily contests or raffles (if there is such a thing) so they don't have to write something on every single day.

Also, for those that don't end at midnight (I just missed one yesterday that I thought ended at midnight--DOH!) maybe either the time ending could be on there too or at least a star so we know we need to check for a different ending time.

Regarding contests, this may also cause some contests to see that most end at the end of the month and they may decide to move their contest to a different date so as to not compete with the others now that it's quick and easy to see end dates.

Just to be clear, I'm thinking the contests and raffles calendars are 2 different ones. *Smile*

Thanks for the suggestion box!!!!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Raffles Ending Soon Calendar · 06-26-16 1:05pm
by Schnujo is Prepping 5 Novels
Re: Raffles Ending Soon Calendar · 06-26-16 1:42pm
by ruwth

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2982157