*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2967838
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 16, 2016 at 2:58pm
Re: Re: Re: Option to Move Signature
While I understand while some people do want this, it's a really bad practice. Predominantly it clutters long email threads and stands to make them fairly unreadable, which is no problem for people who don't read back through email threads... But for those of us who get a lot of email and often have to look back through to see where a conversation has come through, it's a real pain to sort through content and email signature. Meanwhile, when the sig is just dropped at the end each time, they can just be cut off all together.

Maybe some day, but it's not on my todo radar.

In the meantime, if you really want to bug people with your signature advertising in the middle of a reply chain, you can create a macro to post them for you after you've typed your email. *Bigsmile* *Laugh* I recommend against it, but it's an option. I'd suggest it's better to think about what your reply is and that, more often than not, interjecting advertisements into an email reply are totally not necessary and an annoyance to the person you're replying to. Just sayin'.

Best,
~~SM

The Storymaster Sig II. Merit Badge in Visit WdC 7
[Click For More Info]

Awarded for  visiting the site every day for a week . This badge can be earned over and over again.  Each of these badges adds one (1) Community Recognition!
RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.
FORUM
Technical Support Forum  (13+)
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
#303715 by Writing.Com Support
MESSAGE THREAD
Option to Move Signature · 03-05-10 2:13pm
by Polter-JACE: Cruising ...
Re: Option to Move Signature · 03-05-10 2:47pm
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: Option to Move Signature · 03-05-10 3:19pm
by Polter-JACE: Cruising ...
Re: Re: Re: Option to Move Signature · 03-05-10 3:51pm
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Option to Move Signature · 04-25-10 2:33am
by Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?
Re: Re: Option to Move Signature · 05-16-16 11:40am
by ruwth
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Option to Move Signature · 05-16-16 2:58pm
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Option to Move Signature · 05-16-16 4:59pm
by ruwth
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Option to Move Signature · 05-16-16 6:01pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2967838