*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2891535
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore. Prep 2024 signups now open!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 12, 2015 at 12:27pm
Re: Monday Morning Cheer!
by A Non-Existent User
Good quote! I was a pantser right up into four years ago when I realized the story from the year before wasn't going to let me go and all the character were telling me they had to have their own novel.

They are very patient as that I am still working on the first one. You can't pants your way through something as complicated and twisted as this is. You just can't. Yet at the same time I do. I can see about three chapters in right now. I have an idea of how it needs to start. I am still working on world building. This is going to be my first story that even comes close to being distopian. The changing of one of the external conflicts, is going to simplify a lot of things. And I may still use that idea in a later book but the first one should set the stage for the true battles. Science v/s Religion... Gun lovers against anti-guns, and Maurelle and Ohanzee against Tenyane and her friends for her thrown. The last one is the real conflict and returning Tenyane back to her world is the goal but...

See I was about to say something that shouldn't happen till book three at least. I have these ideas about the characters and I know major points in their lives and how it will happen. What I don't know is what happens between point A and point 20. Yes, I said it that way on purpose.

I do love that quote though.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group"Invalid Item
"Invalid Item
Check out my Rising Stars Bookiemonster Outasync Grace♥Leo health issues & bumfuzzled
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Monday Morning Cheer! · 10-12-15 11:55am
by A Michelle feeling alive again
Re: Monday Morning Cheer! · 10-12-15 12:17pm
by Cadie Laine - Happy 24th WDC!
Re: Re: Monday Morning Cheer! · 10-12-15 12:49pm
by Storm Machine
*Star* Re: Monday Morning Cheer! · 10-12-15 12:27pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Monday Morning Cheer! · 10-12-15 1:14pm
by A Michelle feeling alive again
Re: Re: Re: Monday Morning Cheer! · 10-12-15 2:28pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Monday Morning Cheer! · 10-12-15 3:09pm
by Eric the Fred
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Monday Morning Cheer! · 10-12-15 3:11pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Monday Morning Cheer! · 10-12-15 3:48pm
by Storm Machine
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Monday Morning Cheer! · 10-12-15 3:54pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Monday Morning Cheer! · 10-12-15 5:10pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2891535