*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2802939
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 14, 2015 at 6:33pm
Community Newsfeed
*Dollar* 500 GPs were sent to The StoryWitchress with this post.
I'm still getting oriented to the features of the site, so I could be just missing such a feature that already exists, so please forgive me if this is the case.

What about a community newsfeed that is prominent on the homepages after logging in. I know we have our personal newsfeeds that get personalized according to who we favorite and fan, but I was thinking something more ala Twitter. If an author posts to their newsfeed, it goes to his or her fans as well as in the community newsfeed. Further, this could mean possibly introducing a feature where readers click on "topics" they're interested in and "status updates" that fall within that topic goes to the community newsfeeds the people who are interested in the topic.

I feel slightly limited in my ability communicate and interact with the community at large in a way that doesn't involve joining groups and forums (the idea itself implies committing more effort and time to a specialized cause I may not have to time to do). I love reviewing, but to do that right takes a lot of time, and I feel like most of my time is monopolized by reviews in an effort to interact with the community. That's not to say I don't want to review or that I would stop reviewing if I had other more obvious, less involved ways to interact with the community, because I love reviewing. I'm just suggesting another way to interact and communicate with the community that is simple, not time intensive to do, and can augment the other features like reviewing, forums, groups, etc.

I don't know the statistics of user interaction, but it seems like forums aren't very lively with participation. The posts I have done, received few responses and then only from moderators or users who are very high up in the hierarchy of the site (i.e. staff), and this has influenced my use (or lack of use) of the forums.

For me, it can be difficult to juggle my day/night job as a nurse, my family, and integrate participating here.

Thanks for having a forum to offer suggestions, and I'm sorry if I'm missing any features that accomplish what I've addressed here!

J.E. Durham, RN
Oxford, MS
I would love to get constructive feedback on my work regarding elements such as plot, characterization, and overall structure. I am happy to review your work as well.
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Community Newsfeed · 03-14-15 6:33pm
by Jimmy E. Durham, RN-BC
Re: Community Newsfeed · 03-14-15 6:45pm
by Matt Bird MSci (Hons) AMRSC
Re: Re: Community Newsfeed · 03-14-15 8:51pm
by Jimmy E. Durham, RN-BC

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2802939