SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2794302
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1786069
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 17, 2015 at 11:17pm
One Rant, One Prompt, One elimination.
I worked on the next stage of this contest for the better part of the day, while neglecting the things I probably should have spent my time doing.

The next stage of this contest will be a BLOG based TEAM challenge, where the teams will earn points for their blog entries over the next week. The team who earns more points will save team members from being eliminated.

Maybe I'm easily discouraged, or overly sensitive to negativity, but I've decided to hold off on the next stage of the game so people can reflect on the whole concept of what this month's challenge is all about, and what objectives I have set out for you all from the very beginning.

When I was a young man I asked a friend of mine, who was a career journalist and a freelance writer: "What do I have to do to become a writer?"

He told me, "You have to read."

Prompt for February 18, 2015: Don't write! Read! Go back and look over all the prompts, all the instructions, the objectives, and the requests I have made of the players. Read the comments I have made on your blog entries and the comments I have made on the blog entries you haven't read.

Today's MB goes to skeason , because she 'GETS' it.

skeason
"Invalid Item"   [] by A Guest Visitor

From her entry:"Invalid Entry

And Bonus opinion: Wow. I drown in shit for two days and something goes wild. While I have absolutely nothing to say about anyone’s specific opinion regarding Brother Joel and his challenge(s)….ha ha ha I think that is an obvious lie….I am just gonna put my own out there. Take it; leave it, as always I don’t care. When we all I signed up for this challenge, there was nothing but clarity as to how it would work. It was a fund-raising, elimination style challenge. He even said to think along the lines of Celebrity Apprentice. To me that means that I may give funds. Do I have a lot? No! I am a WDC newbie and for someone who loves stats……the fact that I have written for decades doesn’t mean shit to my little recognition number nor my gp’s. Signing up meant I was agreeing to raise funds and possibly give them. He issued a challenge which was more than likely meant to bring together the teams to pool funds into a heavy hit. That is not what happened, and from our individual communications I can see that is not what some people wanted. When it did start to happen…..well, all that actually happened was that his challenge was finally being fulfilled. If I run out of gps and am eliminated or cannot participate because I cannot contribute what I need to, then I am eliminated. It is an unofficial fun challenge. Jesus. I told my husband when I read it that some of these people are gonna be able to drop a dime’s worth of gps and it would seem like a fortune to me. But it’s a game and games have rules. Brother Nature (Joel) (60) has restraint because Donald would be having none of it. *Wink*

Today's eliminated challenger is: groovygirl Because it's part of the game. You know the drill. We're still friends. Take care groovy one!

Peace Out
Joel

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
Please visit my blog @ "Invalid Item
Made in Canada *FolderR**LeafR**FolderR*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
One Rant, One Prompt, One elimination. · 02-17-15 11:17pm
by Brother Nature
Re: One Rant, One Prompt, One elimination. · 02-18-15 5:26am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: One Rant, One Prompt, One elimination. · 02-18-15 6:09pm
by skeason

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Fivesixer.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2794302