*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2778861
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(676)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 10, 2015 at 1:29pm
Re: Hello Everyone new to the website
Hello Brian Thomas ! Welcome to WDC!

I think we all wonder whether we have what it takes to be a good writer *Wink* What I love about this community is that everyone is helpful and supportive. I've learned a lot about writing and reviewing in my 3.5 months here! I'm sure you'll learn a lot too.

This place can be pretty confusing and overwhelming. A couple really great newbie forums are "Invalid Item and "Invalid Item were you can talk with newbies, ask questions, and really learn more about what WDC has to offer. Definitely check them out *Smile*

I, personally, do not review poetry, but I know a bunch of people here do, so I'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback on your work. Reading works by other writers and even reviewing them is a good way to increase your own knowledge and your exposure. Plus, writing reviews really challenges you to improve your writing. I find I'm more likely to look up comma rules or grammar issues when looking critically at someone's work than if I'm doing my own...but, of course, that benefits me in the long run as I learn something and can then use it correctly in my own writing.

Glad you found us!
--
1UppyEar

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Hello Everyone new to the website · 01-09-15 7:14pm
by Brian Thomas
Re: Hello Everyone new to the website · 01-09-15 11:56pm
by Diane
Re: Re: Hello Everyone new to the website · 01-10-15 1:08pm
by JACE
*Star* Re: Hello Everyone new to the website · 01-10-15 1:29pm
by 1UppyEar
Re: Hello Everyone new to the website · 01-10-15 3:26pm
by JACE

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2778861