*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2628937
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 1, 2014 at 1:26pm
Linking winning contest items back to contests automatically
Hi SMs!

I don't know if you'll like this idea or not, but I'd like all items that have placed in a contest (1st, 2nd, 3rd, Honorable Mention) or a group of items that have been submitted to a contest (like if the contest calls for 5 sonnets for that round) to be linked back to that contest when the item wins, and for it to show in the portfolio that it's won 1st, 2nd, 3rd or HM, or have a certificate of completion, or whatever you'd like to call it. I've won HM for some contests but didn't keep track of which ones so I don't remember now and I can't figure out which contests they were for since it was so long ago. If the contest owner could somehow award the item a winning place in the contest and link it back to the contest, just like awarding a MB or an awardicon, it would be linked forever, as long as that item isn't deleted from the owner's port and as long as the contest isn't deleted. Then in the owner's port, next to the image of the item, and/or awardicon, it could say "1st Place" or "2nd Place" etc. to show its recognition that it's a winning piece even if it didn't win an awardicon. What do you think? Thank you for your time!

Signature-Proud Sponsor Rising Stars
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Linking winning contest items back to contests automatically · 02-01-14 1:26pm
by April Desiree-I'm back!
Re: Linking winning contest items back to contests automa... · 02-01-14 1:51pm
by Polter-JACE: Cruising ...

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2628937