*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2611484
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 22, 2013 at 5:34pm
Custom Group Levels
Hi,

I had an idea for how Group Levels could be improved for group owners. I would love to be able to customise what privileges/abilities each group level has.

For example, I might want Level 9 to be able to mail the group and manage group level names, but not be able to add members to the group. Or I might want level 1 to not receive emails (good for temporarily moving people to arrange a surprise). One thing I'd like to do is move some abilities to the same level to make more 'empty levels' available where no additional privileges are gained (such as level 12 currently)

I don't know if the code allows for such customisation, but if it does, I imagine it would work something like this: a page (perhaps part of Manage Levels) would list all the different abilities (including the ability to add to the Scoreboard, access the GP fund, and post to the calendar which are currently in edit item). Next to each ability would be a drop-down list where the group leader selects which level the ability is first available to (for example level 1-15, with 15 being only for the group leader).

Thanks,
Matt

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

The Coffee Shop for the Fantasy Society  [E]
The best fantasy writing group ever! We won Best Fantasy 2012! CLOSED TO NEW APPLICANTS
by Matt Bird MSci (Hons) AMRSC

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Custom Group Levels · 12-22-13 5:34pm
by Matt Bird MSci (Hons) AMRSC

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2611484