*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2572172
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 22, 2013 at 9:18am
Popular Topics to the top of the Newsfeed Board
by A Non-Existent User
*Smile* Many Newsfeed items are routine notices of activities, but some are Newsfeed questions and surveys.

The latter tend to get buried under the routine chatter and thus do not get the attention desired. I, for one, do not enjoy trying to find a certain weekly notice or missing a question because it gets buried.

What if certain community posts, like Weekly Goals, were "set" so that they could be at the top of the Newsfeed board for more than a day?

What if comments propelled a post to the top of the Newsfeed board? Each time a new Note is made, or responded to, that post moves to the top?

What if a combination of the two are used and it could even be user's choice? For instance, a Newsfeed call for supplying weekly goals or giving details of a new WDC function could stay at top while comments would drive popular threads to a top spot right under those.

For User's choice, Threads would continue as they do now, but the user could check a box to place the topics that individual wanted to track to the top of that user's Newsfeed or better yet, a box could be checked to move certain topics to an individual user's Notebook.

Maybe other ways could be thought of to keep certain hot topics or certain question and/or survey topics from getting buried in Newsfeed under the day's routine activities.

Well, for instance, a user could check a box that would take certain routine topics off the board after the user is done with that particular input. For instance, if Wordsmitty has posted that he has a new topic at his blog; after I check it out, I could put that comment (which I am finished with) into the trash like I do old Emails. I could even have folders and file the newsfeeds which I wanted to keep.

*Laugh* Okay, this is getting far too complicated. And I have no idea of cost or boundaries that such ideas would cause!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Popular Topics to the top of the Newsfeed Board · 09-22-13 9:18am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2572172