*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2571388
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 20, 2013 at 3:40pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: More detailed ratings
by A Non-Existent User
Thanks for your reply to my suggestion. I like the basic idea of writing.com, and the community is great, but at the moment I feel that there are just too many things wrong with the web site itself to work for me. I'm sure the StoryMistress tries hard, but it might be time to hire some professional help with the site. My review:
- Presentation: 2 out of 5. The site is slow to load and slows down and sometimes even crashes my browser. The ads are annoying and intrusive.
- Functionality: 3 out of 5. The page layout is confusing, with too many things to click on in the left and right margins, and at the top. The menus are hard to navigate. It took me forever to find the "close my account" button which I'm about to use. When looking for things to read, there is no advanced search page, and it lacks features like "if you like this, you may also like that". When writing, the rating system is insufficient, you don't get to see a histogram of ratings, there are no statistics on how often your page has been viewed, the free (ad supported) membership does not offer enough, and the interactive stories don't allow you to loop back to a previous point in the story, which makes them really useless.
- Status: I think the site is far from ready for prime time, and I can only wonder at the folks who are willing to pay a monthly membership fee.
- Potential: 5 out of 5. I think with a little bit of professional help, which the ads and paid memberships should be able to pay for, this site could be really great.

Well, so much for now. Maybe I'll revisit in a year or two and check how you guys are doing.

Thanks,

Gernot
MESSAGE THREAD
More detailed ratings · 09-17-13 1:08am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: More detailed ratings · 09-17-13 6:23pm
by Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?
Re: Re: More detailed ratings · 09-17-13 10:36pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: More detailed ratings · 09-18-13 9:59pm
by Andrew
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: More detailed ratings · 09-20-13 3:40pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2571388