Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2448094
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #1761568
On Hiatus until further notice.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 13, 2012 at 6:16pm
OT: What I'm trying to Accomplish
by A Non-Existent User
For me, it pays a lot of times to take a step back to assess what I'm trying to accomplish. For this post, I have decided to share this. My acceptance into the writing industry has 12 phases. By no means am I moving through these phases in any set order a lot of times, but writing them out helps me to understand where I am at in relation to my overall goal of being formally accepted into the writing industry.

Phase 1: Skill Introduction-This is the phase where I was introduced to writing.

Phase 2: Benefit Enjoyment-During this phase, i learned that i can enjoy what people have to say through their writing.

Phase 3: Opportunistic Awareness-In this phase, I saw the opportunities that writing on my own had to offer.

Phase 4: Personal Assessment-This is where I took a good look at my writing, and I saw that if I was to get anywhere, I would need help.

Phase 5: Preliminary Education-In the college classes I have taken in writing, I have learned the basics of writing, and the basics of presenting my work to people. By no means am i done with this phase.

Phase 6: Skill Administration-This is the phase where I currently find myself more and more. Even though I have been educated, I still am responsible for applying what I learned in my own way.

Phase 7: Mission Formation-This is where I start to see the value of all of the practice I have been doing, and I see the larger picture of how my work can benefit everyone.

Phase 8: Skill Presentation-This is where I present my skills to something greater than me (such as writing.com), so people get to know where I am at writing-wise.

Phase 9: Skill Acceptance-This is the phase where my writing skills are universally accepted, and it shows by how people reward me.

Phase 10: Industry Voice Formation-in this phase, I begin to engage the writing industry as a whole. Because of all the hard work I have done, and the level of focus i have achieved, I can now work towards having a voice industry-wide.

Phase 11: Industry Acceptance-This is the phase where the industry accepts my writing becasue of all of the work I have done.

Phase 12: Industry Share-This is the phase where I gain a share of profit as a part of the industry.

This is how I see my writing life unfolding-provided I work hard and dedicate myself to the craft. I am posting this information because i want to help people gain an understanding of what they want to do for themselves. I hope this helps writers on this website to grow, because that is what this group is all about.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
OT: What I'm trying to Accomplish · 10-13-12 6:16pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, ~*Arpita*~.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2448094