*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2345595
by Riot
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #1761904
Want to introduce yourself? Looking to just chat? Have some coffee with us!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 12, 2012 at 12:00pm
Re: Happy new year everyone
by A Non-Existent User
I can offer some advice. Having been married for 20 years, and no where near getting a divorce now, I have a lot of advice to offer. Bear and I use to fight constantly. We went through a five year period from our fifth year to our tenth where all we did was fight. If I screamed I want a divorce once in a week, I did it 50 times.

His answer was always, "Nope, your not that lucky." I was lucky. Lucky that he wouldn't make it easy on me. Now we rarely fight our lives have melded into the old married couple that is content with being content.

My question is, are you done? Have you said everything there is to say? Have you tried everything you can try? Can you let her go with a smile and a "Will I see you at so and so's birthday party next week?" Have you moved from disliking each other to being friends without any bad feelings?

Can you say the only reason you want to let her go is because you both deserve to be happy? That she is still important to you but, just not the way a wife should be?

Never divorce when angry. Work through the hard stuff. Give it everything you have. If and only if you have done all of that, should you get a divorce. Otherwise, you will always wonder what if and even if you marry again, you may find that you can't be happy because you have the exact same problem.

Every relationship struggles. Every relationship has is problems and mistakes. Never leave when there is still work that can be done. Do the work. If at the end of the work, you still want the divorce, then by all means get it. Just like you should never go to bed angry, you should never go in front of a judge angry. Work out your issues at home, then decide together if it is over. You may just find that it isn't. But, if it is, then you can walk away with clear consious, knowing you did everything you could and then some to save it.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
"Invalid Item
"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group"The WDC Angel Army
"Invalid Item"Invalid Item
Check out my Rising Star Bookiemonster
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Happy new year everyone · 01-11-12 5:21pm
by 4Wheels
Re: Happy new year everyone · 01-11-12 5:29pm
by Itchy Water~fictionandverse
Re: Re: Happy new year everyone · 01-11-12 5:43pm
by 4Wheels
Re: Re: Re: Happy new year everyone · 01-11-12 6:05pm
by Itchy Water~fictionandverse
Re: Re: Re: Re: Happy new year everyone · 01-11-12 7:03pm
by 4Wheels
*Star* Re: Happy new year everyone · 01-12-12 12:00pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Riot.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2345595