*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2123364
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 15, 2010 at 12:39am
Re: Theme Color Schemes
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Your suggestion assumes that everyone likes their colors in complementary combinations.

I prefer the "peace and quiet" of the monochrome tints and similar colors used in the theme for the Blue Skies skin. I have my monitor set at 50% contrast and 0 (zero) % brightness. I'm not having any trouble telling those monochrome tints and similar colors apart. Of the choices available so far, it's the only one I use. It wouldn't be peaceful and quiet if it had orange highlights.

I expect that other people will have other different preferences and needs.

So I think that until we get to custom-create our own or get to mix-n-match between skins and themes, there should be a variety so that hopefully everyone has "some" (at least one) they like the complete package for -- even if that means there are "some" (several) where they only like part of the package and dislike what comes with it enough not to use it.

As Henry Ford discovered a long time ago, one person liking things a certain way is not a good reason to make everything that way for everybody else.

*Snow2* *Snow2* *Snow2* Northernwrites___*Pencil*

** Image ID #1235420 Unavailable **
~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~ ~~Image #603504 Sharing Restricted~~
MESSAGE THREAD
Theme Color Schemes · 08-14-10 9:39pm
by Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?
*Star* Re: Theme Color Schemes · 08-15-10 12:39am
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Theme Color Schemes · 08-15-10 4:39am
by Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?
Re: Re: Re: Theme Color Schemes · 08-15-10 12:09pm
by The ScaryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2123364