*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2123302
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 14, 2010 at 9:39pm
Theme Color Schemes
I noticed that the color schemes on certain themes (like WdC Default and the Alice in Wonderland themes, for example) have a nice, distinctive differentiation in highlight color. New emails, for example, appear as yellow when unread and purple when read for the WdC Default, or pink for unread and gray when read for the Alice in Wonderland themes... but for many of the other themes, the highlight color is very similar to the regular color... for example, Ocean Blue is light blue for read, and slightly lighter blue for unread. Acrylic Blue is light purple for read, and light blue for unread. Leaves #1 is a light blue for read, and a light khaki for unread.

Is there a plan to make these highlight colors a more stark contrast to the regular color? I love so many of the new themes, but don't like to use them because it's hard for my eyes to make a clear distinction (especially in email) between old and new items, since the colors are so similar in brightness, hue, etc.

I love the contrast the complementary color highlight offers for the WdC default theme (pairing a yellow highlight with purple). Maybe the same complementary color highlight could be added to the other themes, so blue themes have an orange highlight, green themes have a reddish highlight, etc.?

Just a thought. Thanks for listening! *Bigsmile*

- S o C a l S c r i b e
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.

Please check out my community items:
"Unofficial Erotica Newsletter Group
"The Dark Society
"Blogocentric Formulations
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Theme Color Schemes · 08-14-10 9:39pm
by Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?
Re: Theme Color Schemes · 08-15-10 12:39am
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Re: Re: Theme Color Schemes · 08-15-10 4:39am
by Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?
Re: Re: Re: Theme Color Schemes · 08-15-10 12:09pm
by The ScaryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2123302