*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2122771
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(676)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 13, 2010 at 5:10am
Hello!
I'm kind of confused as to how to use everything... there's just so much to read, and I get so impatient. But yeah, time for the formalities.

I'm an 18 year-old writer who started writing seriously at some point in middle school. I've brought that with me through high school, yet I still have no novels done, nor do I have any projects completed. Any fellow friend of mine who just so happens to be a writer can easily admit to me that I have a problem: I get inspired from everything that I read. No, serious, I read a how-to book, and came up with a stage play idea, and now I'm working on making that into a novel. As far as what I usually write, I write poetry, short stories, novels, and stage plays. I haven't finished anything but the poems and short stories (even then, I haven't gotten them into something that could be called a manuscript).

I love to read, and I love to write; however, I recently felt like I had to stop reading... My ideas were just too much for me to handle, that's all, and now I want to read, but find myself at a loss for picking up the binding. Even moving the books makes me just want to put them back down. But let's not talk about that, heehee. Yeah, I love music: classical, neo-classical, dance, pop, house. Of course, listening to music does help me write, and strangely enough, only alternative or J-pop can bring me inspiration.

What was that I was saying about "being too long to read and getting too impatient"? Ha, yeah, sorry about all this. I'll finish it up with this last bit, I swear:

I like to write the opposite of what people already believe to be truths. Like if I'm told, "This can never happen; it just doesn't work," then my brain instantly tries to see if it can work. That of course, leads me to stop what I'm writing and begin writing something new...

But that was the last I was going to say. Thank you for reading (or skimming) all of this!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Hello! · 08-13-10 5:10am
by Forgotten
Re: Hello! · 08-13-10 7:23am
by Charli Padua
Re: Hello! · 08-13-10 10:40am
by Boston
Re: Hello! · 08-14-10 10:30am
by Adriana Noir
Re: Hello! · 08-14-10 8:00pm
by It's too hot already!
Re: Hello! · 08-15-10 11:49am
by Forgotten
Re: Re: Hello! · 08-15-10 3:34pm
by Raoc
Re: Re: Re: Hello! · 08-17-10 8:45am
by Forgotten

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2122771