*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2120388
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(676)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 6, 2010 at 10:04pm
Newbie newb
Hello all, I actually haven't written anything for a while and was hoping to get back into the swing of it, I find myself an artistic person, I spend most of my time drawing and inventing characters. My recent work has been a comic I'm working on. I also attend college as a national diploma drama student, I got into acting quite by accident and I find it helps alot to be creative and imaginative. Anyway I'm getting off topic, I want to start writing again because I do alot of text role playing online and I'm constantly frustrated with waiting for posts or getting posts that do not progress the story, so writing my own would be a better thing to do for me to get my creatice muscles flexing, so to speak.

Annecdote time, I dont know how I got into writing, I always hated writing anything in school since I was diagnosed with dispraxia, and dyslexia which made writing difficult for me, esspecialy handwriting. However in my first year of primary school (grade school) we had a competition to see who could write the best story on pirates, since I love fantasy I wrote the story and won an award for it. My writting hobby didn't really take off until secondary school (high schoo) when I was forced to spend my lunchimes in the library due to being bullied all the time, I wrote stories and looked at other stories online at various sites. I gave a go to fanfictions and liked it alot, I did other stories and such, eventually creating my own characters in my own worlds. But since I left I have not done much writting since I spent a whole year looking for a career path, I tried many things, interactive media (animation) the millitary (that didn't go too well.) Then finally I did a team building course. I wasnt very social due to the years of bullying, but after 12 weeks I was a very different person. (In a good way.) Then the team leader recomended I go into drama at my local college, I got in last minute practicaly by improvising a scene.

Among other things we touched upon script writing, it is not my style but I wouldnt mind one of my stories being made into a film, it is unlikely but not impossable. I like to challenge myself or have challenges given to me, I cant wait to get to know some people here with interesting ideas and get some writing done.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Newbie newb · 08-06-10 10:04pm
by Akumamika
Re: Newbie newb · 08-07-10 12:14am
by Ruth
Re: Re: Newbie newb · 08-07-10 4:19pm
by Akumamika

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2120388