*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2107607
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 7, 2010 at 6:39pm
Re: something I wish there was...
I surely understand your pain, my friend, having been in exactly the same situation as you. Simply put, Writing.Com has access to some very large storage means for all the items that are generated on site. But, that storage can only be activated by a person purposely pressing the appropriate submit or save buttons to transmit that data to the storage site. No automatic save exists. You and I must frequently "Store & Edit" our work ourselves as we progress through our reviews.

Now that the obvious has been said, may I offer a possible future solution that might be allowed? I have been lucky in the past if I did not close the actual window to press the "Back" button, which took me back to my window with my review or email still in tact. It doesn't happen every time, but even once is better than nothing.

I have a saying posted on my monitor that says, "Thou shall save frequently, or thou shall regret it!" And I still screw up from time to time. *Blush* Good luck to you.

A revised Sig for white background.
MESSAGE THREAD
something I wish there was... · 07-07-10 5:14pm
by Radler Zpheitor
*Star* Re: something I wish there was... · 07-07-10 6:39pm
by Polter-JACE: Cruising ...
Re: Re: something I wish there was... · 07-07-10 6:43pm
by Crys-not really here
Re: something I wish there was... · 07-08-10 12:29am
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: something I wish there was... · 07-08-10 9:11am
by Crys-not really here
Re: Re: Re: something I wish there was... · 07-08-10 2:52pm
by Radler Zpheitor

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2107607