*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2096866
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 9, 2010 at 3:19am
Recycling Item Numbers
This is a completely off-the-wall idea I had the other day, but it would be cool if there were some way to purchase or reserve old item numbers that are no longer in use. For those of us who have groups and forums, it's appealing to have a memorable item number that can be easily memorized. (I know you can create an item alias as well *Smile*) For example, I recently saw the following three items were now invalid items:

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1000000 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#1234567 by Not Available.

Invalid Item 
#1111111 by Not Available.

I'd love to have a way to do something with those old numbers, for those who maybe don't want (or can't afford) an item alias, but would still like to have an easy-to-remember item number for their sig shop, contest, donation fund bank, etc.

I was tempted to also suggest being able to reserve future numbers, but I imagine that would get in the way of the system automatically assigning them as items are created. So I'll confine my suggestion to the ability to re-assign old, invalid item numbers.

Just a thought. It's late, so I can't vouch for the quality... but it's a thought all the same. *Smile*

- S o C a l S c r i b e
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.

Please check out my community items:
"Unofficial Erotica Newsletter Group
"The Dark Society
"Blogocentric Formulations
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Recycling Item Numbers · 06-09-10 3:19am
by Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?
Re: Recycling Item Numbers · 06-09-10 3:30am
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: Recycling Item Numbers · 06-09-10 3:52am
by Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2096866