*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2078012
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 25, 2010 at 2:12am
Group 'Manage Levels' Suggestion
I love the fact that for those of us who have group items, we can change the Level Name though the 'Manage Levels' feature, to create ranks, a title hierarchy, etc. Would it be possible to also add a feature that allows us to adjust the 'Level Access'? For example, allowing us to change "access to all group items" to Level 2 instead of Level 3, or making the "ability to create group-only items" a Level 9 feature instead of Level 6.

It would be great to assign these access levels to any numbered level (perhaps even having two features like "mail entire group" and "add group members" at the same level)... but just reordering these access levels or adjusting the level at which they apply would be fantastic.

The reason I make this suggestion is because several groups use the levels to create a promotion/ranking hierarchy for the members... and that can be tricky when there are pre-set level access that cannot be changed. If we could reorder or rearrange the access levels, it would give more freedom for group leaders to manage both their group's levels and access restrictions, and create a more specific group hierarchy/structure depending on their group's needs..

Not sure how easy this would be to do, but just a thought. *Smile*

- S o C a l S c r i b e
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.

Please check out my community items:
"Unofficial Erotica Newsletter Group
"The Dark Society
"Blogocentric Formulations
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Group 'Manage Levels' Suggestion · 04-25-10 2:12am
by Dr. Jeffyll, or Mr. Hyde?
Re: Group 'Manage Levels' Suggestion · 04-25-10 10:01am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2078012