*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2029498
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 21, 2010 at 5:00pm
Email Forwarding
by Arwee
With everyone becoming increasingly mobile and WDC itself starting to cater more toward the mobile user with the WDC mobile site and Twitter/Facebook integration, I think WDC members might benefit from the ability to forward their e-mails from their WDC account to an outside account on Hotmail or Gmail or whatever e-mail server you use. It seems like the logical next step, given that we now have Twitter and Facebook integration in a BETA stage. It just seems weird that we have that and yet no ability to forward our e-mails.

Some of the pros of e-mail forwarding has to do with my comfort using Gmail's system. I'm more used to the Gmail system of organization, most people's cellphones and other mobile devices can integrate Gmail into their functions almost seamlessly, and I have more room to save old e-mails on Gmail. Perhaps this can be said about other e-mail providers too but I primarily used Gmail as an example because it's what I've been using.

I can also check my Gmail account any time I'm on the go by just pressing a button on my phone. The same can't be said for my WDC e-mail. For someone who might get at least one e-mail a day on this site, they have to go through more than just a button. They have to log into this site and then access the e-mail in an interface that might be clunky on a phone. This is especially true if someone doesn't have a smart phone and browses the web using arrow keys, where often, their phone's web browser doesn't support one function or another and renders it frustrating to visit WDC just to fetch their messages.

There's also been a few inquiries in the past to implement this feature and if it's not too difficult, I would imagine some members on WDC will appreciate it. *Smile*

===================================
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Email Forwarding · 01-21-10 5:00pm
by Arwee
Re: Email Forwarding · 01-21-10 5:34pm
by Crys-not really here
Re: Re: Email Forwarding · 01-21-10 5:38pm
by Arwee
Re: Re: Re: Email Forwarding · 01-21-10 7:51pm
by The ScaryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2029498