*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2018912
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 3, 2010 at 4:00pm
Madlib Suggestions
I think it would be helpful if there were a way for a madlib's author to skip the word entry screen and go straight to viewing the madlib. In place of a blank would be the prompt itself; for example, "I Verb this madlib; it's really Adjective!" As it is, the author has to go through and enter words in there like anyone else in order to test out whether the prompts and blanks are matching up correctly, or at least type something in each blank to check that the madlib is formatted as desired.

Another suggestion is an option for a person who completes a madlib to send the completed madlib to the author, perhaps even to have it saved like a review. People can copy and paste the results and send them in an email or review, but if they could just press a button instead, that would make it easier, not to mention that it would make it clear that a madlib author does not automatically see the results.

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.Part of the Cleaners? Feel free to sport this sig!

"The Kraken Revue [13+] by Davy Kraken
    A quick guide to my portfolio.

"Kraken's Kudos [ASR] by Davy Kraken
    Acknowledging others for a variety of reasons.

Spring version
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Madlib Suggestions · 01-03-10 4:00pm
by Davy Kraken
Re: Madlib Suggestions · 01-03-10 5:54pm
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: Madlib Suggestions · 01-03-10 6:20pm
by Crys-not really here
Re: Madlib Suggestions · 01-04-10 4:07am
by The ScaryMaster
Re: Re: Madlib Suggestions · 01-04-10 8:52pm
by Davy Kraken
Re: Re: Re: Madlib Suggestions · 01-04-10 9:44pm
by The ScaryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2018912