*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1958681
Rated: E · Message Forum · Spiritual · #381077
A forum designed for researching others' stories about God/Jesus. Post your testimony.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 25, 2009 at 2:07pm
Re: My Story
I read your story and I pray along with you that God will give you added strenght. Both my uncles died from Leukemia. My father was diagnosed in Mar with Esophigal cancer. He did six weeks of radiation and chemo. Then in July we have our annual campmeeting (here in Portland, Or) and he was prayed for. He kept and annoited hanky on his pillow. After camp he went home with 3-6 months to live. Dr said he would have to use a feeding tube the rest of the time. Sunday we had a 60th anniv celebration for him. He ate chicken salad, borccoli bacon salad, a roll, cheese, salami, pickled beets and Bread & butter pickles(mine). He now eats what he wants and has gained about 4 pounds. I are standing on the prayers of the saints that God has healed him.
This was not to depress you. but to let you know that having faith in God is pwerful. He will be there for you in the hard times and the good times. He will give you the strength that is never failing, He never sleeps so no matter when you call on Him He is always there to hear and help.
I love the song you mentioned. I love old hymns they have the power that most of the new songs don't have. They were written from a heart that was going through a trial or that God brought them through the trial. He made a change in your life and that life was worth saving. You are precious in His sight. My favorite song is an one that says When you get to heaven you will find me at Jesus feet. We heard it first sung by the Booth Bros and I found it in my Inspriation #11 book Look fo rme at Jesus feet. You can hear it on Youtube search for booth bro. I ttouches my hears each time I hear it.
Sorry this was a long post. I didn't mean to go on. Maybe I was just supposed to share. God bless you .

Tina Weaver
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
"A successful writer is one who didn't give up."

Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

For your wonderful feedback and encouragement.  Thanks again Tina! =D Merit Badge in Job Well Done
[Click For More Info]

For all of your outstanding and insightful reviews. Merit Badge in Action Adventure
[Click For More Info]

For your reply to the Action/Adventure NL dtd 12 AUG 2009! Thanks for your spirited response!
MESSAGE THREAD
My Story · 02-02-06 9:25pm
by Iva Lilly Durham
*Star* Re: My Story · 08-25-09 2:07pm
by Quick-Quill
Re: Re: My Story · 09-01-09 4:32am
by Iva Lilly Durham
Re: Re: My Story · 09-01-09 4:32am
by Iva Lilly Durham
Re: My Story · 05-16-13 1:04am
by Tasia714

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Romantic Idealist.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1958681