*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1928367
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 22, 2009 at 8:14pm
OT: Suggestions and feedback
Hello WDC! Just a crazy suggestion that occured to me. Feel free to roll your eyes and delete :)

First off, you guys are legendary. Thank you for creating and maintaining such a wonderful and fun community.

My idea is this: I think interactives are so hugely popular because members love being able to see how many hits their chapters recieve, and which of their storylines are doing the best - It's a great source of encouragement to keep writing, and a self-esteem boost when you know people are paying attention to your work. Then I imagined taking the interactive concept a step further, and letting members vote on which chapter options they'd like to see filled in.

For example, one would arrive at a dead end in a storyline with the options: "Sally eats her cake * (1 vote)" or "Sally doesn't eat her cake * (7 votes)" Neither of the options are filled in, but the reader can see which option their fellow members are hoping to see completed, so they're encouraged to make the addition. Members often email me to request I continue specific storylines in my interactives, and it definitely motivates me to add more. This way, authors would have more of an insight into where their stories need more work, and would be reminded that people are watching their progress.

This is just a random idea, and I was probably more than a little drunk when it came to me so don't lose any sleep over rejecting it. But I do love the sense of co-operation and involvement I feel when I login to WDC, and I think this would make a great site even better.

Lots of love,

~Benjamyn~
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
OT: Suggestions and feedback · 06-22-09 8:14pm
by ~Benjamyn~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1928367