*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1868094
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(676)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 27, 2009 at 5:55pm
NewBie>>ah, yeah
by Tami
Whew, there is aLoT of info on this website! ! ! But, I'm serious about taking my writing to the next level, and this website caught my eye. So here goes, , , , I have done plenty of writing in my days, from poetry in high school to casual writing here and there about different things that either interest, intrigue, or just plain disgust me. Writing has helped me get over some real tough times in my life. I guess it's been a sufficient therapy for my worst days. One day I'd like to write my memiors, so we'll see where that goes. Right now, I'm just concentrating on the easier aspects of writing, , ,that, and learning what this website contains!! I've had several compliments on my writing, but I'm sure I am far from the "famous" writer, so I will welcome all the comments you can give me.

I will tell you a bit about 'me'> I grew up in a small town in Northwest Arkansas, my parents still live there. Graduated high school there, and moved to Kansas ( I am still here in KS). I was married, we had 4 kids. After 20+ years I'd had enough of practically everything, and called it quites. Thanks to my knight in shining armor, we will be getting married in about a month. I have a wonderful relationship with my kids, and they will be in our wedding. I have a degree in criminal justice and paralegal; wish I could say I had a decent job in one of those fields, but at the present I am only a security guard. That's about the sum of it. Sounds kinda boring and hum-drum I know, but believe me, I've had some challenges I feel VERY lucky to have overcome. I've been suicidal not once but twice, and if I would have went down the road the 3rd time, well you would certainly not be reading this. I do have a guardian angel whom I am about to marry in about a month.

I honestly believe writing has kept my spirits high; I think if I had to compare myself with a poet, it would no doubt be Emily Dickinson. She and I just seem to have the same scenarios in life. She was part of the reason I wrote poetry in high school, because I identified myself with her so much. I just wish I would've kept all that poetry, but unfortunately I didn't. I'm not even sure where it ended up at. Then over the years, I've written about things in my life; events that have happened like the (1st) war in Iraq and how I felt about the 60s and 70s. Right now I'm reading about Watergate and The Vietnam War. That was absolutely nuts. My fiance was in Vietnam in 1966-67; which is alot of the reason I've decided to read up on it. Besides, I'm curious about my generation now since we have President Obama (I am 2 years, 1 month, and one day younger than he is). The man is just absolutely phenomenal.

Well, I've rambled enough (or 'narrated' enough), so will step aside and let you answer. I'm glad to be here, and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Tami
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
NewBie>>ah, yeah · 02-27-09 5:55pm
by Tami
Re: NewBie>>ah, yeah · 02-27-09 6:47pm
by Erin J. Roberts
Re: Re: NewBie>>ah, yeah · 03-03-09 2:08pm
by Tami
Re: NewBie>>ah, yeah · 02-28-09 4:12pm
by Mike~Dolphins Fan 4 Life
Re: Re: NewBie>>ah, yeah · 03-03-09 2:10pm
by Tami

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1868094