*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1457092
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 19, 2007 at 6:52pm
Re: Re: Awards
by A Non-Existent User
Mmmm how about accumulating credits? Once an item has an award, points are compiled like credits for reviewers or like the game bots. The basic system is already there.

It could be that after an item has received an award, the ratings it gets afterwards could be registered until a 'goal' is reached and something new can then be shown like ribbons are at the moment.

The only hic in my idea is the huge hooopla about ratings and that although it is no longer possible to non-registered members to rate an item, there is still hate-rating going around.

It is unrealistic to expect that issue to ever disappear for it will always be present in any community of humans, but maybe the system can track super low ratings without an accompanying review and not let those have any effect on the credits accumulating for the item.

In theory, if an item got an award, if the author edits it, it should make it better, thus the ratings should go higher, even if only from a former rater/reviewer to clear the former rating to the current re-evaluation of the item.

Do I make sense?

I just thought of another hic with this idea of mine... how many new ratings would have to be counted to show some other form of appreciation for the item. Because it can take a few hours to get many ratings as much as it can take months or years... so I guess that is enough to scrap that idea, but leaving it just in case it gives some other idea to another member.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** Click *Left* to get your own!
Click the image below to get to my Shareable Folder for Emoticons you can use.
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
Click the siggie below to get to ~*~Damiana Returned~*~ 's sig-shop.
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Awards · 02-19-07 4:02pm
by Mark
Re: Awards · 02-19-07 4:31pm
by Sage
*Star* Re: Re: Awards · 02-19-07 6:52pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Awards · 02-19-07 4:59pm
by Keep it creepy,fuzzy & staiNed

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryWitchress.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1457092